Archives

Mine
Mining town
Taylor open cut in 1906
Arrow
Arrow
Mill no. 2 at Franklin

In addition to mineral specimens, the Franklin Mineral Museum maintains a large and growing collection of photographs, correspondence, reports, and publications pertaining to the local zinc mines, as well as a collection of New Jersey Zinc Company memorabilia such as service pins, claim checks, and presentation items.

The Museum archives are not open to the public, but accredited researchers and others with a strong reason to access this material are invited to schedule an appointment with the Museum archivist, Mark Boyer, via e-mail to markaboyer@earthlink.net.